Hong Kong’s Latest Regulations for Foreign Tourist Visits
Hong Kong’s recent regulations on foreign tourist visits have been relaxed (partially open). The following is complete information regarding visits of foreign tourists to Hong Kong:
- Effective from September 26th of 2022, quarantine for tourists that was originally mandatory is replaced by the “0+3″ enforcement rule, namely conducting independent medical training with a duration of 3 days at their respective accommodations. During self-training, tourists are allowed to travel, but are restricted in some areas.
- The E-Health Declaration form must be completed at least 3 days before arriving in Hong Kong.
- 3. Foreign tourists are required to have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate at least 14 days before the last direct flight to Hong Kong. The certificate must be in Chinese or English issued by the health authority of the country receiving the ball. Further vaccine and dosage details can be found here.
- Foreign tourists are required to show negative rapid antigen test results taken within 1×24 hours before departure, and upon arrival at Hong Kong International Airport to take a PCR test which can be awaited at their respective accommodations. If the result is negative, foreign tourists are allowed to travel without restrictions.
- Foreign tourists are required to undergo a PCR test on the day of arrival and the 2nd day after arriving in Hong Kong, as well as a rapid antigen test every day until the 5th day after arriving in Hong Kong.
- Foreign tourists with negative PCR test results can enter public places without restrictions. Check-in using the “LeaveHomeSafe” application is no longer required but it is mandatory to show a vaccination certificate in public.
Transit Policy (HKIA):
- Effective August 1st of 2022, Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) can be used for transit/transfer on flights operated by different airlines.
- Passengers must have a ticket/boarding pass departing from HKIA within 24 hours of scheduled arrival, and baggage must be tagged with the next destination.
- As of August 15th of 2022, transit/transfer services at HKIA from airports in Mainland China are available, but services to airports in Mainland China are still unavailable.